The Shenyang Imperial Palace was the former imperial palace of the early Manchu-led Qing dynasty. It was built in 1625 and the first three Qing emperors lived there from 1625 to 1644. Since the collapse of imperial rule in China, the palace has been converted to a museum that now lies in the centre of Shenyang city, Liaoning Province.
Early construction began in 1625 by Nurhaci, the founder of the Qing dynasty. By 1631, additional structures were added during the reign of Nurhaci’s successor, Hong Taiji.
The Mukden Palace was built to resemble the Forbidden City in Beijing. However, the palace also exhibits hints of Manchu and Tibetan styles.
After the Qing dynasty replaced the Ming dynasty in 1644 in Beijing, the Mukden Palace lost its status as the official residence of the Qing emperor. Instead, the Mukden Palace became a regional palace.
In 1780, the Qianlong Emperor further expanded the palace. Successive Qing emperors usually stayed at Mukden Palace for some time each year.
In 1955, the Mukden Palace was converted into the Shenyang Imperial Palace Museum.
In 2004, it was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List as an extension of the Imperial Palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, or Forbidden City, in Beijing.
Zhaoling, also known as Beiling is the tomb of the second Qing emperor, Hong Taiji, and his empress Xiaoduanwen.
The tomb is located within Beiling Park, in Huanggu District of the northern urban Shenyang, Liaoning province, and is a popular area attraction. The tomb complex took eight years (between 1643 and 1651) to build and has a row of animal statues leading to it. The tomb and surrounding park cover an area of 3,300,000 square metres making it the largest of the three imperial tombs north of the great wall. The area around the tomb was originally set aside for imperial use and ordinary people were forbidden entry. This forbidden area was opened to the public in 1928 and now forms Shenyang’s Beiling Park.
该墓位于辽宁省沉阳市北部城市皇姑区的北陵公园内，是一个受欢迎的地区景点。 该墓群耗时八年（在1643年至1651年之间）建造，并有一排通往它的动物雕像。 该陵墓和周围的公园面积为330万平方米，是长城以北三个皇家陵墓中最大的。 该墓周围的区域最初是供帝国使用的，禁止普通百姓进入。 这个禁区于1928年向公众开放，现在形成了沈阳的北陵公园。
Marshal Zhang’s Mansion is a key historical and cultural site at the national level in Shenyang, Liaoning Province. The mansion served as the residence for both Commander Zhuang Zuolin and his son, Young Marshal Zhang Xueliang. It was first built in 1914 during the beginning of the Republic, covering an area of 36,000 square meters and the construction area of 27,600 square meters.
The mansion is a splendid architectural complex consisting of four parts: the east, center, west yards and auxiliary buildings. The mansion was built in the traditional Chinese style, along with European and Japanese styles as well. There are 74 rooms in the mansion totally. Collections of artworks with authentic northeastern features are exhibited in the mansion including stone sculptures, wood sculptures and paintings. The artworks represent not only the aesthetic taste of Zhang, but also the craftsmanship and skills of Chinese folk culture.
Marshal Zhang’s Mansion was listed one of the major historical and cultural relics under protection by Liaoning government in 1988. Former residence museum of Zhang Xueliang was established inside the mansion at the same year. Now it is best preserved former residence of celebrities in the Northeast China.